Wow, what an easy snack to make!
These scones were actually inspired by my favorite food blog:
I tweaked it a little to make it gluten free and packed with protein, because honestly I’ve been craving scones at work almost every day lately…
You can make these scones with any flavors you want, just make sure you add sweetness (so that it doesn’t just become great bread) and flour as you go so that the bread consistency doesn’t change. They should be able to NOT stick to floured wax paper when you are ready to form circles. Too sticky might lead to odd cookes😉
3.25 c gluten free all-purpose baking flour
1/3 c brown sugar
2.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
3/4 c unsweetened apple sauce
2/3 c rice milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripe banana, mashed
3/4 c peanut butter
mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon with a fork.
- Add applesauce and thoroughly mix with your hands for a few minutes.
- Add rice milk, vanilla, peanut butter, and bananas and mix again with your hands until everything is evenly distributed.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to an oiled large piece of wax paper, coating the sticky dough with excess flour before placing.
- Cut the dough into wedges using a large knife and more flour.
- Transfer wedges to a greased cookie sheet, making sure that none touch each other.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Top with agave, coconut, or other sweet things and enjoy!